There are five carrier oils you should try at some point during your hair journey.
You do not need to use all five at the same time. This is just to get you started, and you can develop your oil arsenal as you see fit.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a good base for an oil blend and adds tons of shine to your hair. Olive oil helps smooth flyaway and split ends all while increasing manageability. It is a moisturizing oil and comes packed full of vitamins to keep your hair nice and soft. This oil is the GOAT, and what is great, is that it is so widely available! Also, it is cheap! So, if you’re trying to save some money, try this oil. If you don’t like the smell of olive oil, then grab some essential oils and mix them until you like the scent. Either way, get you a bottle and reap the benefits!
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory, so it is great for solving hair problems such as Alopecia. It is known to strengthen and smooth hair as it contains Vitamin E, omega-6, omega-9, and ricinoleic acid. Castor oil also smells but it can be diluted with aroma friendly essential oils. This is an all-around powerhouse!
- Argan Oil: Argan Oil contains a variety of beneficial fatty acids and Vitamin E, which makes it a penetrable moisturizing oil. This also helps to promote the growth of hair cells and block the free radicals that speed the ageing process. Argan oil reduces frizz, adds shine, and helps with manageability. There is so much buzz about Argan oil because of its numerous benefits. And, we can say that it lives up to expectations!
- Jojoba Oil: Jojoba Oil is an oil that closely matches your hair’s natural sebum. That being said, it’s a great moisturizer and penetrates easier than most oils. Jojoba oil is safe to use even if you have oily hair because it balances sebum production. Jojoba oil is great to use for an oil blend because it is odorless and blends well with other oils.
- Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is rich in vitamins and helps boost the strength and growth of your hair. Specifically, it contains Vitamin D, which is important for the growth of follicles. Avocado oil is also great for oil blends, and you do not need much to reap benefits.
Let us know in the comments which oil you will be using.